With dental offices closed to elective care, your oral health should be a priority! There is a lot that you can do through simple day-to-day habits.
Here are 7 oral health tips to keep you on track!
- Brush your teeth twice daily for two minutes with a fluoridated toothpaste and don’t forget to brush your tongue clean too.
- Properly floss between your teeth. Flossing should begin as soon as two teeth touch!
- Change your toothbrush every 3 months or sooner if you are sick.
- Drink plenty of water. Take a pass on juice, sodas, and sports drinks.
- Set meal and snack times. Plan in advance and choose nutritious foods. Eat healthy fruits and vegetables.
- Limit starchy or sugary foods. Keep highly processed, tempting foods out of the house.
- Resist unhealthy habits to manage stress. No smoking or vaping. No nail biting.
These habits will help you through the pandemic and beyond. We encourage self-empowerment to improve health and well being and we believe in you and your child! We hope to be giving you a good report soon!